Murat Mirata serves as the Technical Manager consultant to the Institute for Industrial Productivity. Since 1996, Murat has assisted numerous private companies and public authorities to develop and implement resource efficiency programmes and/or sustainable development strategies. His specific areas of expertise include:
- Implementing energy efficiency, water efficiency and waste minimisation programmes in industrial, commercial, institutional and residential establishments.
- Assisting integration among different industries and among energy provision, waste management, mobility, and sewage infrastructure so as to improve regional resource use effectiveness and efficiency - industrial symbiosis networks.
- Clean technology identification and assessment for industry and for investors.
- Development of sustainability strategies for companies and regions.
- Development and delivery of educational programmes.
Murat holds a M.Sc. degree on environmental engineering (Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey) and M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees on Environmental Management and Policy (Lund University, Sweden).